Endourology is a minimally invasive technique using tiny instruments through natural body orifices such as the urethra, bladder, and ureters. Diagnostic and therapeutic evaluation of the urinary tract is provided in both outpatient and hospital setting for the treatment of stone disease, hematuria (blood in the urine), as well as other kidney, prostate, and bladder disorders.
Cystoscopy (examination of your bladder) can be performed in a matter of minutes, comfortably while awake using local numbing jelly for anesthesia. This may be performed as part of your evaluation or surveillance for hematuria, bladder dysfunction, prostate disorders, bladder cancer.
More advanced procedures, when necessary, can often be performed as outpatient procedures under anesthesia at a local surgical center or hospital setting. These include:
- Treatment of Benign Prostate Disorders for Urinary Symptoms
- Treatment of Voiding Dysfunction, Overactivity, Interstitial Cystitis
- Bladder Cancer: Diagnosis and Resection
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- Evaluation of the Kidneys and Ureter
- Upper Tract Blockages/Strictures
- Upper Tract Urothelial Cancer (cancer of the inner lining)